Meet the Faculty
Courses taught in MCA major
Dr. Williamson has had a long and productive career in project and program management, consulting, training, and teaching. While his current consulting practice focuses on project management process assessment and improvement, he has worked and consulted widely in project management, service management, and PMO development for large and small organizations in health care, communications, engineering, retail, ecommerce, manufacturing, and government.
MGT 2614: Foundations of Management Consulting & Data Analytics
- Entry-level course for the major.
- Foundations of management consulting including process of consulting, consulting toolbox, project management, systems thinking and problem solving
- Technology in consulting
- Data analytics and a data visualization
MGT 2114: Principles of Project Management
Dr. Simpson has over twenty years of experience across military, nuclear security, teaching, and owning multiple businesses. His research has been published in Tourism Management, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Business Ethics, and Journal of Business Research, among others. He has presented his research at national conferences including Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, and Southern Management Association.
MGT 3614: Strategy Competition Analytics
- Junior/ level course for the major.
- Challenging exploration, understanding, and analysis of industries and sources of competitive advantage.
- Case-based approaches to consulting for strategy.
- Description, prediction and prescription for strategic management.
Professor Buengel is an accomplished, broadly qualified and internationally experienced senior executive with a proven track record in achieving profitable and sustainable growth in various global Fortune 500 companies. He is member of the core team of the international management consulting firm SustainUp and he also works as an independent management consultant in strategy consulting, change management, business model transformation and organizational development.
MGT 4084: Management Consulting
- Capstone course for the major.
- Semester-long real-world management consulting project with external client.
- Holistic application of all MCA content and other Management and Pamplin courses to add value to an external client.
- Opportunity to develop customer interaction skills and deliver value with a student consulting team.