Project management, analytics, management consulting
- Ph.D., Organization and Management, Capella University
- M.B.A., Kenan-Flagler Business School, UNC Chapel Hill
- B.S., Computer Science, University of Virginia
David Williamson is an Associate Professor of Practice in Management in the Pamplin College of Business at Virginia Tech. Prior to joining the faculty full time, he served as an Adjunct Instructor teaching project management courses for the Management Department and the Department of Continuing and Professional Education. He has also taught business and project management courses at several other colleges and universities.
Dr. Williamson has worked and consulted in project management, service management, and PMO development for several large organizations and small firms including Hewlett Packard, Deloitte Consulting, BellSouth, Sears, GE Digital, TMEIC, Advance Auto Parts, LHC Group, Verizon, and Black & Veatch. In 2003, he founded the Southwest Virginia Chapter of the Project Management Institute, where he still serves as a Director at Large. In 2007, he founded Leverage Point, a small consulting firm specializing in project management and IT service management in healthcare, engineering services, construction, telecommunications, manufacturing, education, and government.
Licenses and Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - Microsoft Project
- ITIL Foundation (ITIL-F) v.3