Ph.D. Alumni Network
The Virginia Tech Department of Management Ph.D. Alumni Network is envisioned to help the department and alumni in several ways:
- Contribute to further strengthen the department's PhD program
- Create a vibrant network of fellow Hokies with passion in management research
- Engage with young and upcoming scholars and help them thrive in their research and academic jobs
Jerry Flynn ’19
Yue Song ’17
Shantala Samant ’17
Western Washington University
Shihao Zhao ’16
Nanjing University, China
Xiaoping Zhao ‘13 Shanghai Jiao Tong, China
Jaewan Yang ’14
Hankunk University, Korea
David Thornblad ’14
In the Fall of 2019, we will be planning a number of initiatives to expand and enhance the points of contact between current faculty, current doctoral students, and our alumni. Potential initiatives that we have been discussing include:
- A mentorship program, pairing alumni with current doctoral students.
- An alumni newsletter with updates and announcements.
- Career and research networking opportunities.
- More and better opportunities to connect with current VT faculty.
- An Alumni recognition program.
- An “Alumni in Residence” opportunity for alumni-scholars to visit Pamplin for a week to teach a session, discuss research, and enjoy Blacksburg. The department will cover hotel and other local costs during the visit.
As an alumni of our Ph.D. program and you are interested in being involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org